Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: new looms?

  • ETM
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
      I am so happy to read this review. I bought the MS
      looms unseen from Amazon (I think that's a fairly
      decent price) and haven't tried them yet. I do
      have some good wooden looms but the MS intrigbue
      me enough to want to work with them too. I haven't
      worked much with any other plastic looms though I
      do have them. A new great-grandchild is on the way
      and I would love to work up some baby items.

      Elaine

      Consider using your computer for technology:
      http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewAboutUs.do

      Hello Kathy

      On Monday, September 10, 2012, you wrote

      > I love my Martha Stewart looms.  It has pegs in
      > two sizes.  One is much like the KK looms, the
      > other size is smaller and can be used with a
      > single strand of worsted weight yarn.  I'm
      > making my first hat on the smaller hooks using a
      > worsted weight chenille yarn.  They are really
      > versatile can be made a lot of sizes and configurations.  Kathy

    • funkie08861
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 12, 2012
        i am doing my first project on my ms loom. the patterns in the inst. book are for tweed hat & scarf, using 2 strands bulky. i cannot get bulky yarn so i make my own with 2 strands rh. to make pattern, i would have to use Four strands rh. that is Too Bulky!! i looked on lionbrand for some beginner patterns. most used ms yarn. i looked at substitution chart and found that fun fur/fancy fur can be used instead of the glitter eyelash ms yarn. i looked further and found a beginner cowl pattern. it uses wool-ease thick and quick. i have some balls in my stash, so i will make it for starters. other patterns to do [way later because i'm going to h&r block school and have omework!] are cozy hat and sporty wristers. all use the wool ease.

        i had to get used to assembling the loom and inserting the pegs. i had no problem putting the pegs in. i dropped the loom, i expected it to fall apart, but it did not.

        i already know how to cast on, knit, purl and bind off. i loom with l hand because i had a stroke.