new to group

  • tobyshaggy2
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 5, 2012
      HI
      I am excited to be here. I live in central Florida and have three daughters and two grandsons. I have been "looming" for quite some time.
      So far I have made hats (plenty of them), and scarves (plenty of them).
      IN fact so many of them my daughters don't want any more! Then I began making them for charity. Right now I am tired of making them..:)
      I bought the sock loom from JoAnns and have made several pairs of socks. I recently bought the sock loom from Michaels and looks like it will be more comfortable to work with. I have started making
      prayer shawls and baby blankets for the local hospital now. None of my Knifty KNitter looms would work (for length) so I just ordered the universal loom from CinDwood's. I want to make them figure 8 wrap but they have a 25 inch requirement for width on the shawls and blankets. Does anyone know how many stitches I have to figure 8 wrap on the 1/2 spaced pegs out of two strands of worsted weight to get 25 inches?
      Would love to hear what everyone is working on now! It really inspires me to see what others have made.
      Susan