Re: need a little helpl

  • tibbit99
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2012
      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "momanto" <momanto@...> wrote:

      > Hi all I could use a little help...... I understand that you can use knit patterns on the loom........ now when you do row one and using the flat stitch..... do you read row 2 on the pattern from right to left???? ( meaning backwards??) I should think that isthe way to go I am doing dishcloths...... emmm I think I answered my own question LOL Have a good day......... momanto

      Im not sure but I think they read from left to right always.
    • Mejra Ferhatbegovic
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2012
        If you are using knit stitch with needles you knit one row then turn needle knits around and purl. With loom we don't purl we just knit back as you don't turn your knitted fabric.

        Merri

        29 aug 2012 kl. 15:33 skrev "tibbit99" <ruidosogal@...>:

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "momanto" <momanto@...> wrote:

        > Hi all I could use a little help...... I understand that you can use knit patterns on the loom........ now when you do row one and using the flat stitch..... do you read row 2 on the pattern from right to left???? ( meaning backwards??) I should think that isthe way to go I am doing dishcloths...... emmm I think I answered my own question LOL Have a good day......... momanto

        Im not sure but I think they read from left to right always.

      • Keetara Coleman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2012
          Yep, this is essentially correct.  As long as the needle knit pattern isn't being knitted in the round, on the first row you would do as the pattern says.  On the second row, you would Knit the Purls and Purl the Knits.

          For example:

          Needles:
               Row 1: K3, P2, K4* Repeat to end
               Row 2: P2, K4, P3* Repeat to end

          translates to:

          Loom:
                Row 1: K3, P2, K4* Repeat to end
                Row 2: K2, P4, K3* Repeat to end

          Hope this helps,
          Kee

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2012
            Didnt even think about knit in rounds being different!

            Merri