need a little helpl

  • momanto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2012
      Hi all I could use a little help...... I understand that you can use knit patterns on the loom........ now when you do row one and using the flat stitch..... do you read row 2 on the pattern from right to left???? ( meaning backwards??) I should think that isthe way to go I am doing dishcloths...... emmm I think I answered my own question LOL Have a good day......... momanto
    • tibbit99
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2012
        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "momanto" <momanto@...> wrote:

        > Hi all I could use a little help...... I understand that you can use knit patterns on the loom........ now when you do row one and using the flat stitch..... do you read row 2 on the pattern from right to left???? ( meaning backwards??) I should think that isthe way to go I am doing dishcloths...... emmm I think I answered my own question LOL Have a good day......... momanto

        Im not sure but I think they read from left to right always.
      • Mejra Ferhatbegovic
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2012
          If you are using knit stitch with needles you knit one row then turn needle knits around and purl. With loom we don't purl we just knit back as you don't turn your knitted fabric.

          Merri

          29 aug 2012 kl. 15:33 skrev "tibbit99" <ruidosogal@...>:

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "momanto" <momanto@...> wrote:

          > Hi all I could use a little help...... I understand that you can use knit patterns on the loom........ now when you do row one and using the flat stitch..... do you read row 2 on the pattern from right to left???? ( meaning backwards??) I should think that isthe way to go I am doing dishcloths...... emmm I think I answered my own question LOL Have a good day......... momanto

          Im not sure but I think they read from left to right always.

        • Keetara Coleman
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2012
            Yep, this is essentially correct.  As long as the needle knit pattern isn't being knitted in the round, on the first row you would do as the pattern says.  On the second row, you would Knit the Purls and Purl the Knits.

            For example:

            Needles:
                 Row 1: K3, P2, K4* Repeat to end
                 Row 2: P2, K4, P3* Repeat to end

            translates to:

            Loom:
                  Row 1: K3, P2, K4* Repeat to end
                  Row 2: K2, P4, K3* Repeat to end

            Hope this helps,
            Kee

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 30, 2012
              Didnt even think about knit in rounds being different!

              Merri