scarves

  • margie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
      I have just started making scarves using the blue round loom but I don't care for the way the end looks if it is gathered up like the hats. what do most of you do for a neater ending?

      Margie
    • Barbara Rouse
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012

        I'm working on one right now, but it incorporates a nice, big tassel at each end so that it flows with the gathered end.  Looks pretty good in the pic. This is my first scarf on a round loom tho so we'll see.

        Barbara in FL

        http://spotofsanity.blogspot.com/

        www.spotofsanity.com --> handcrafted gifts, made for you

        I have just started making scarves using the blue round loom but I don't care for the way the end looks if it is gathered up like the hats. what do most of you do for a neater ending?

        Margie

      • S. Maguellal
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
          Margie,
          Here is a video that will help you. This is how I did it.

          Stevi

          I have just started making scarves using the blue round loom but I don't care for the way the end looks if it is gathered up like the hats. what do most of you do for a neater ending?

          Margie

        • amoonsinger
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
            I do the long tail or crochet cast on. Then work garter stitch.

            MaryJeanne