Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Question: Re Slip Stitch & Pattern

  • createitis@epix.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hi KK,

      YIF means to bring the yarn towards you, between the last stitch work and the next one.

      YIB means to leave the yarn back behind the  work.

      The Slip Stitch done with the YIF is done after you have the yarn between the pegs as mention above. Then you lift the next stitch off the peg, place the working yarn behind the peg, but in front of the stitch. Now, replace the stitch onto the peg. The working yarn is crossing in front of the Slipped Stitch.

      To Slip Stitch with the YIB, just skip the next stitch and work on the one after it. The working is crossing behind the skipped stitch. Hope this helps.

      JEC of NEPA
      createitis@...
      http://fibercraftblog.blogspot.com/
      Blog News, Why Swatch?

      I'm struggling with the YIF, YIB, and the Slip Stitch. I've done some scouring on the web, and haven't been able to find the answer as to how to do this on a loom. Can anyone give me some ideas on how this is done on the loom? Thanks a ton!

      KK
    • eve schuld
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        Ok I got it worked out for you.  A slip stitch on the loom is just a stitch that you do not knit or purl or move.  Unless of course they say to move it as in a slip, slip, knit pass slip stitch over or something like that.  But this pattern is basically putting the yarn in front of the slipped stitch kinda like a wrap around it as the yarn goes back to the back of the work into normal knitting position after the stitch is slipped.  So to do it on the loom you want to get that yif to lay in front of the slipped stitch.  When you reach the yif, sl 1 you would bring your yarn to the front of the loom a if to knit another stitch but instead pick up the stitch that is being slipped off the peg and while holding it up slide the working yarn behind the peg in front of that slip stitch and return the slip stitch to the peg.  So instead of the yarn travelling across the front of the peg it is behind that peg.  Bring it back forward for the next peg. and continue.  This should work for you.

        Eve in Mn.

        Blog http://www.evethefiberfanatic.blogspot.com

        Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/evesch/
      • kkluckhohn
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
          Got it! Thank you so much for your help! I now get it, and realize that I was making it A LOT harder than it actually was!