Re: Intro

  • bubba55750
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 8, 2012
      I'm very new to loom knitting too, but I saw on a website that if you have trouble with the tension, you can try running your yarn through an empty Bic pen barrel.

      My problem is the stupid pegs popping off! I'm about ready to glue them in!

      Carol

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "alexetoups@..." <alexetoups@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > Thanks for letting me join this group.
      >
      > My name is Alexe I am 64 and disabled that is the main reason I started loom
      > knitting. I am married to the same guy for 47 years, we have 4 sons(our
      > youngest died three yrs ago). We also have 11 grandchildren9 r boys. We don
      > t know the 2 girls.
      >
      > The reason for me joining this group is to learn more about loom knitting. I
      > never learned how to knit, I can crochet. I have a bad left hand which
      > limits me on what I can do.
      >
      > My main problem now is how to make the brim of a hat tight. It stretch's
      > out of shape and I am beside myself trying to figure this out. I make scarf
      > sets and sell them at different places around town. I can't sell them if
      > they are stretched. Hopefully I can learn how to make them so they do not do
      > this.
      >
      > Thank You again
      > Alexe

    • S. Maguellal
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
        I use a paper-mate pen case and it works wonderful for me. I have also seen people use drinking straws.

      • anniecrochets@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
          I have the same problem with the boye ones o just bought. I saw the video on you tube with the pen I cut part of a wider straw I had it was nice but to me it was loose

          Sent from my iPod

        • angel.paula.koala@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 5, 2014
          Hello Everyone!

          I'm Paula, retired, living in a suburb of Detroit, MI.
          I've purchased looms but haven't opened the packages yet ... When I cared for my mom for 10+ years I thought I'd have plenty of time to teach myself but that never happened.  Now she has passed and though I'm busy re-organizing and distributing items to appropriate people and places, I still have  in the back of my mind the desire to learn this craft.

          I've attached a pattern obtained along the way that I'm sharing and hope you all will share with me also.
          One just doesn't know when I'll begin this appears-to-be easy challenge!