Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: Round or Rectangular?

  • Brenda Myers GA
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2011
      As to my choice the round or rectangular looms, it really depends on what type project I'm making at the time. However, for a beginner the round looms are a bit easier simply because the pegs are taller. I do love the versatility of the long looms, but I wish those pegs were just a tad taller. On a side note, Boye has redesigned the KK long loom replacements and the pegs on those are taller.

      --
      Brenda GA
      http://loomlady.blogspot.com

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <mrrosebeing@> wrote:
      Hi, Just wanted to ask everyone which is their favourite kind of knitting loom to work on, round or rectangular? Which is easier for a beginner?

      Thanks,

      Steve

    • Judy Ferguson
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2011
        I started with the round looms making hats (and a pair of knee high tube socks).  Later tried the long looms and have only tried the figure eight stitch which means I used it as a double-sided rake.  Turns out some beautiful scarves and wraps.  Found this the easiest way to learn by starting with the round ones.
        Judy

        Hi, Just wanted to ask everyone which is their favourite kind of knitting loom to work on, round or rectangular? Which is easier for a beginner?

        Thanks,

        Steve

        Hope everyone's well :)