Gather method on rectangular looms

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      I just wanted to ask a quick question...theoretically, is it possible to use the needle that came with my round loom to sew a piece of wool through the pegs of my straight loom, and then tie it off, as you can with a round loom? I have tried using the crochet hook method, and it just didn't work for me, lol. Any thoughts would be wonderful.

      Thanks.
    • pauluswe4@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2011
        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <mrrosebeing@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I just wanted to ask a quick question...theoretically, is it possible to use the needle that came with my round loom to sew a piece of wool through the pegs of my straight loom, and then tie it off, as you can with a round loom? I have tried using the crochet hook method, and it just didn't work for me, lol. Any thoughts would be wonderful.
        >
        > Thanks.

        The crochet hook method takes a lot of practice. The needle method works the same way. Either way that works best for you is great. You just have to find your nitch! ;)

        Warmly,
        Kim
      • momanto
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2011
          just wanted to add my two cents...... if you are making a hat say when you are ready to bind off I make one more row, by taking the loop on peg one and placing it on peg two then knit off repeat with peg 3 and 4 etc. so you have only half as many as you started with..... then using your needle and about 18 inches of yarn gather off the remaining loops on your pegs. makes a nice finish....... enjoy..... try it you'll like it...... momanto