Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

8589Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Newbie question

Expand Messages
  • sue morris
    May 1, 2009
      Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Newbie question Thank you Margery, I’ll go the knittingboard.com and have a look.

      I have another question ... I bet this is basic.  I got a pick with my loom and it had a plastic sleeve on the end of the hook which I took off, then I wondered if it is meant to be on there when I work, but I think it might make picking up the yarn more difficult.  Should I put it back on of is it packaging?

      Thank you everyone for being there for the newbies, this is a lovely forum.
      Sue in australia

      On 1/05/09 4:20 PM, "Margery Cavins" <mcavins@...> wrote:



      On Apr 30, 2009, at 3:00 PM, sue morris wrote:

      I’ve been looking at the DA Looms website and see that there are knitting looms and knitting boards – I can’t work out the difference.  Can someone explain it to me.

      Hi Sue,

      Check out knittingboard.com to see what knitting boards can do.  Essentially, you wrap across the gap & knit a flat panel that is a double knit, very cushy & the same on both sides. They are wonderful for scarves - no curling :o). Another name for a knitting board is *double rake*.  You can also use only the pegs on one side to produce a flat panel, and in that way, it is similar to making a flat panel on a round loom, or *single rake* loom.  Sometimes you can knit in the round on a knitting board, depending on how much larger the gap is then the gauge.  In the US. Knifty Knitter makes plastic knitting boards called long looms.  


    • Show all 21 messages in this topic