7649Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Hi,

  • Linda rhodes
    Mar 29, 2008
      Well Hello Debra, glad to see your enjoying looming. Im fairly new to this group also. MY name is linda and im in kansas city. Hope we can get to know each other better i love to chat on here and love to get new patterns. I havent done any sweaters yet i would like to do an afghan on the loom just havent gotten a  easy pattern yet. Well email me back and hopefully we can chat . talk to ya later linda at Chatabug@...

      Debra <dkb1116@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I've been crochet'ing since I was a child, my mother taught me. She
      also taught me to embroider and quilting was a very big thing in her
      family-line. Mom did not know how to knit however.

      Last fall, I taught myself to knit. I mostly did swatches and gauge
      samples. I tried different yarns and different methods, including
      using circular needles (I liked those best).

      When my mother came to visit last fall, before Christmas; she showed
      me the round looms. Sometimes my coordination does not cooperate, and
      the nice thing about using the looms is that your stitches are
      consistently uniform. Since then, I've acquired quite a few portable
      looms of that sort.

      I loom hats for charity in between other projects, like baby sweaters
      and afghans. At this point, I've not ventured too far into other
      mediums, besides yarn. Sometimes, I will see some vintage clothing,
      and think, "wow! I bet I can do that! I'd wear it too" and I do (to
      varying degrees of success!).

      I'm considering other looms and am particularly interested in the
      infinity loom for afghans. Also, I'd like to get an Amazing Needle
      and love the tunisian style of stitching! A friend is soon to wed,
      and I'll probably whip up a present for her!

      I love to read, and since I cannot do so while crafting; I listen to
      audio books when looming, crochet'ing, knitting, etc. Lately, I've
      been spending more time online, in the yahoo groups (I'd forgotten
      that I'd an account; as I use peoplepc.com for my ISP and my eMail).
      So, I'll see what I can see!

      Enjoy your weekend,
      Debra