7549Re: OT:mosquitoes & listerine

  • Mary Jeanne
    Mar 5, 2008
      Yea snopes does say this is false but they also say the one with
      drier sheets is false also. The problem is they say to use Deet
      products and if you have ever checked out deet you would know it is a
      toxic product they are saying to use. Your body absorbs this and you
      can get sick, people have gotten sick from it.

      There are some natural products that will work, but you should check
      out the online natural stores for more information. Like around here
      we have lots of wild animals coming around and there are some natural
      things we use to kill things like fleas, ticks, and other creatures.
      Does it work, well I have watched it drop ants in their tracks, but
      you have to spray it directly on them.

      Still there are other things. Just check it out, but take care, kill
      all the bugs around and you will soon see plants, grass, and trees
      becoming unhealthy. Along with the bad bugs you kill the good bugs.

      MaryJeanne

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Medsgtcsa@... wrote:

      > Sorry, everyone...but the urban legend reference page
      www.snopes.com gives this a nope, not true.? You can look it up
      yourself, but with the increase in blood-mosquito bourne diseases, I
      am not taking any chances.

      > Carole L.
      > Central Florida...bug heaven!
      > ?

      little demon mosquitos having a meal on our bodies, I thought I would
      pass this along to everyone I know! It sounds fantastic, and very
      economical too.
      > Good to know............going to try this one
      >
      > From Someone who used it...
      > The best way of getting rid of mosquitoes is Listerine,
      > the original medicinal type. The Dollar Store-type works,
      > too. I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs
      > were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party
      > sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the
      > little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a
      > 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat
      > whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked
      > as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the
      > area around the food table, the children's swing area,
      > and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I
      > don't leave home without it.....Pass it on.
      > ------------------
      >
      > OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS:
      > I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works -
      > in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target
      > and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a
      > big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of
      > spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this,
      > please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a
      > wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame.
      > Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog
      > house if you have one

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic