7184Stitches too tight: Was:Re: CP: My projects

  • Mary Jeanne
    Dec 20, 2007
      I might be wrong but it sounds like you are wrapping a row of
      stitches wrong. This has been a common problem till one finds out it
      is wrong.

      What happens is this, there is an e to the wrap. That is the shape
      you get when you wrap around a peg. The trick is that crossing of
      the yarn that makes the e must, I repeat must, be to the inside of
      the loom.

      As loom is sitting flat, with a stitch wrapped around it, look to
      make sure that none of the stitches have the yarn crossing to the
      outside of the loom.

      What happens when you cross the yarn to the outside is that the
      stitches get so tight that you cannot knit off and you sometimes
      break pegs.

      So first look to see if this could be the problem since it is the
      most common cure. If you are getting "all" the yarn crossings to the
      inside of the loom (the back side of the peg opposite of the groove),
      the post back. Try sitting down and working on a loom a little and
      watching what you are doing.

      Visiting Iselas videos will also be of help if you can view videos:
      http://www.loomknit.com/

      MaryJeanne

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, moonflower59@... wrote:

      > I feel foolish but I do not honestly KNOW what stitch I was using.
      (blush) I e-wrapped around the loom twice and worked around in a
      clockwise manner. I never got any more than five or six rows
      completed because they got too tight to do anything with!

      > Annie

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic