117Re: Hello & Request for help!

  • parmentrout@yahoo.com
    Jan 29, 2004

      I apologize for taking so long to reply—I read my mail at work, and I
      keep forgetting to measure my pieces when I'm at home! I will get it
      measured—I promise.

      I'm afraid I don't have any tips; I'm still very new at this. I
      didn't even know it was possible to get something that has a smaller
      gage, or looms that weren't round for that matter.

      Truthfully, my main reason for buying the product was that it was
      something COMPLETELY new to me. I spend all day every day at work
      writing and using the computer, and at home in the evenings I'd quilt
      or cross stitch or crochet, and my right hand/wrist started to ache.
      Since I'm afraid of surgery and getting carpal tunnel, I've been
      looking for things I can do with my left hand. When I saw this on
      television, I thought it would be perfect. I have been pretty
      successful in teaching myself to use my left hand with this --
      IMHO :-)

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Louie" <slouie76@h...>
      > Hi Pam,
      > Sounds nice. I have yet to try making a flat piece with my round
      loom. Was it difficult? Care to share any hints or tips? I don't
      have the Yarn-A-Round. I want something closer knitted, so I use the
      In The Attic adult hat loom. Maybe "if" we get a tax refund, I will
      by an adult small gauge loom too.
      > Hmmm, what size are lap blankets you make?
      > Sarah L. in NH
      I'm a
      > part of. (We're making lap blankets for a local nursing home.)
      > Pam
      > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Louie" <slouie76@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi Pam,
      > >
      > > Nice to meet you. I'm Sarah L. and I live in Derry, NH. I'm
      > fairly new at this ... knitting with a loom. What are you trying
      > finish? I've only made hats and a tube slipper/sock with mine.
      > afraid I only know one way of finishing. Can you tell me more
      > what you are making?
      > >
      > > I bought my mom an In The Attic adult hat loom (round one too),
      > we both learned over the holidays. She lives in California, and
      > wanted a reminder on how to finish a hat. I took pictures and
      made a
      > WORD doc with them in it. If you think that would help, I could
      > email you a copy of it. Let me know.
      > >
      > > Sarah L. in NH

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic