      From: Angie Leath <angiedwardl@...>;
      To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com <ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com>;
      Cc: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com <ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] need help please
      Sent: Sat, Dec 7, 2013 5:36:03 PM

      I have made cowls and tablet covers also on round looms.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 6, 2013, at 3:22 PM, penny ------------ <pjsnsn@...> wrote:

      Melissa,
      can I have your email.  I would like to talk more about the loom knitting.  Thanks
      Penny

      On Friday, December 6, 2013 2:38 PM, Melissa Kline <melissakline@...> wrote:

      I've made hats and scarves on the looms, but I've also made sweaters, blankets, gloves, mittens, shawls, snowmen, turtles, owls, teddy bears . . . the list could go on and on.  There are so many things that you can make with the looms.  Now, I only needle knit and crochet a tiny bit, so I don't have anything like that to compare to, but there are soooo many things that you can make on the looms.  I've been looming for 10 years.  It's the only crafty thing that I do, but I love it.  I even teach looming to kids through our homeschool co-op.

      Have a great day!
      Melissa
      Maryland

      On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:52 AM, penny ------------ <pjsnsn@...> wrote:

      You said that you had Bulky thread?  I don't think you will need to double the thread.  I have made many baby hats and ever a few bigger hats.  I even tried to make an envelope hat.  was very disappointed in it.  I really do like the loom knitting.  but I do feel confined to a small list of things I can make.  (hat, scarf, flowers)  What I have found very useful is going to the you tube and checking out things.  Good luck and have a good holiday.

      penny

      On Monday, December 2, 2013 9:40 AM, "joyceequilts1942@..." <joyceequilts1942@...> wrote:

      I joined this group some time ago but hadn't posted or tried much looming.  It's cold here now on the Northern east coast and  my hairs a mess...yea I know you needed that information lol......so I wanted to make some fast cover up the hair hats.  My head is small so I don't know what size loom to make. I have a set of KK round looms and the hat size purple one.  The purple one seems to be way to big, and the green one in the set is about right.  I bought a yarn that is bulky sized at #6.......do I need to double the yarn with a yarn that weight?  I have been online doing lots of research but still have doubts........I hate the idea of having to rip anything I do out, but I may not have a choice.  Thanks so much for any help. Joycee from Delaware

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic