10564Re: Wooden Knitting Looms Huizinga?

  • syrijs
    Mar 6, 2013
      So I went to my favorite hard-ware store and they recommended using very low heat to kill the mold, then a coat of polyurethane stain to seal the wood compound. This is going to be a week-end project, since I need ventilation and drying time. I am hoping the sealer will address the flaking I noticed. Am getting nice colors of plastic bags together for PLARN to loom on the big 15" loom with handles done on the 3 inch.
      Meanwhile, cranking out yards of 6 strand tubes on my new Darice Mini-Knitter. It is not as fast as my Embellish Knit, but will take a much heavier yarn, perfect for straps or handles for bags knit on the Loom or Toy Knitter
      syri

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "syrijs" <syrijs@...> wrote:

      > Spilling out of the craft room is BAD???
      > LOL, syri
      >
      > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Heather Parker <parker_prince@> wrote:
      > >
      > > They are addicting. By collecting pretty much all of the Knifty Knifters, I definitely have my favorites now that I have had an opportunity to play with them all. (I hate the long looms except for the purple scarf.)
      > >
      > > I bought a little spool knitting kit for making butterflies, but ended up making Barbie hats and scarfs instead for the nieces. You'll need a selection of looms for different projects, but if the looms have no place to be stored and are spilling out of the craft room into the hallway, you probably should seek professional help! ;)
      > >
      > > Heather

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic