Fatal error (BSOD) crash

  • Wouters
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2012
      I've downloaded and installed the latest ROS version 7.0.8 after deleting the previous one i had installed.
      As soon as i open the ROS program the computer goes in to some kind of safety mode and a blue screen appears wich mentions among other things:
      "windows driver framework has detcted that a violation has occured".
      I have no other choice than to shut down and start again the computer.

      Funny thing is it worked well at first and i even made a few surprising qso's that is untill the computer was shut down for the night and opened the next morning from this point i cannot use the ROS program.

      This problem hapened also with the previous ROS version i had so i suspect it has something to do with compatibility with win7 maybe ?

      I have the latest windows updates installed (windows 7/64 bit).

      ANY HELP???
    • ra1ahq
      Message 2 of 7 , May 28, 2012
        Hello, Wouters, you wrote:

        > "windows driver framework has detcted that a violation has occured".
        > I have no other choice than to shut down and start again the computer.

        I dont' think it is ROS, but OS.

        As you see in the message, the error is generated by Driver Framework. Please check, if the drivers for your PC is up-to-date. For example, the problem may be connected with network card driver or audio card. Goto manufacture's site and check if there newer driver for Win7 64bit exists.

        The exact explanation of codes for this BSOD is available at http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-Windows-Driver-Framework-has-detected-that-a-0x0000010D-*1266.html

        73!
        RA1AHQ Vladimir
      • Wouters
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2012
          --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "ra1ahq" <ra1ahq@...> wrote:

          > Hello, Wouters, you wrote:
          >
          > > "windows driver framework has detcted that a violation has occured".
          > > I have no other choice than to shut down and start again the computer.
          > >

          > I dont' think it is ROS, but OS.
          >
          > As you see in the message, the error is generated by Driver Framework. Please check, if the drivers for your PC is up-to-date. For example, the problem may be connected with network card driver or audio card. Goto manufacture's site and check if there newer driver for Win7 64bit exists.
          >
          > The exact explanation of codes for this BSOD is available at http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-Windows-Driver-Framework-has-detected-that-a-0x0000010D-*1266.html
          >
          > 73!
          > RA1AHQ Vladimir

          Vladimir,thanks for your help.
          I had found this page before and now have installed all the updates on my computer and ROS seems to be working fine now !
          Let's hope it stays that way.
          See you on the waterfall in ROS mode of course!
          73 Eric VE2WTX.
        • Wouters
          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2012
            --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "Wouters" <ve2wtx@...> wrote:

            > --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "ra1ahq" <ra1ahq@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello, Wouters, you wrote:
            > >
            > > > "windows driver framework has detcted that a violation has occured".
            > > > I have no other choice than to shut down and start again the computer.
            > > >

            > > I dont' think it is ROS, but OS.
            > >
            > > As you see in the message, the error is generated by Driver Framework. Please check, if the drivers for your PC is up-to-date. For example, the problem may be connected with network card driver or audio card. Goto manufacture's site and check if there newer driver for Win7 64bit exists.
            > >
            > > The exact explanation of codes for this BSOD is available at http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-Windows-Driver-Framework-has-detected-that-a-0x0000010D-*1266.html
            > >
            > > 73!
            > > RA1AHQ Vladimir
            > >
            > Vladimir,thanks for your help.
            > I had found this page before and now have installed all the updates on my computer and ROS seems to be working fine now !
            > Let's hope it stays that way.
            > See you on the waterfall in ROS mode of course!
            > 73 Eric VE2WTX.

            ......NO LUCK.....
            evrything was fixed and working fine this morning,i shut the computer and head for my day at work.
            Upon return i turn on the computer,start ROS program and same old bug comes back again...what to do ???????
            Eric.
          • Wouters
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2012
              --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "Wouters" <ve2wtx@...> wrote:

              > --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "ra1ahq" <ra1ahq@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello, Wouters, you wrote:
              > >
              > > > "windows driver framework has detcted that a violation has occured".
              > > > I have no other choice than to shut down and start again the computer.
              > > >

              > > I dont' think it is ROS, but OS.
              > >
              > > As you see in the message, the error is generated by Driver Framework. Please check, if the drivers for your PC is up-to-date. For example, the problem may be connected with network card driver or audio card. Goto manufacture's site and check if there newer driver for Win7 64bit exists.
              > >
              > > The exact explanation of codes for this BSOD is available at http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-Windows-Driver-Framework-has-detected-that-a-0x0000010D-*1266.html
              > >
              > > 73!
              > > RA1AHQ Vladimir
              > >
              > Vladimir,thanks for your help.
              > I had found this page before and now have installed all the updates on my computer and ROS seems to be working fine now !
              > Let's hope it stays that way.
              > See you on the waterfall in ROS mode of course!
              > 73 Eric VE2WTX.

              NO LUCK...the same problem keeps coming back.
              What to do ?
            • ra1ahq
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
                > "Wouters" <ve2wtx@...> wrote:
                > --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "Wouters" <ve2wtx@> wrote:
                > > Let's hope it stays that way.
                > > See you on the waterfall in ROS mode of course!
                > > 73 Eric VE2WTX.
                > >
                > NO LUCK...the same problem keeps coming back.
                > What to do ?

                Hello, Eric! My co-worker, computer "guru" said, BSOD on your PC may be connected with deffective random access memory (RAM). Simply pull out all of the memory modules and replace it with the good ones. Also, check in BIOS the parameter "memory timing". Set it to the default value "BY SPD".

                If it is not help, ask Microsoft. :) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/bsod-0x10d/ce21ad71-57f1-4716-bc36-c03bef026275

                See you on the bands. 73!
                Vladimir RA1Ahq
              • Wouters
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
                  Vladimir,thank you for your help i appreceiate it very much because i'm totally in the dark.So i take note of this possible solution and i will have to seek help from a local computer "guru" friend to take a look at this as it exceeds my comuter knoledge.
                  I'll keep you informed.
                  73 Eric.