second FCC STA for ROS in USA issued

  • frankk2ncc
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 10, 2012
      Frank Ravenswood, K2NCC, has been granted a Special Temporary Authority (STA) by the Federal Communications Commission to conduct Spread Spectrum experiments within 2.5 kHz signal bandwidths on 160 through 6 meters at a maximum of 100 W effective radiated power. The 6-month authorization takes effect February 1 and expires on July 31. The FCC has assigned Ravenswood the call sign WF9XJM for use during his experimental transmissions.

      https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=122153&x

      ---------------------

      Phil Williams, KA1GMN, has been granted a Special Temporary Authority (STA) by the Federal Communications Commission to conduct Spread Spectrum experiments within 2.5 kHz signal bandwidths on 160 through 2 meters at a maximum of 100 W effective radiated power. The 6-month authorization takes effect February 1 and expires on July 31. The FCC has assigned Williams the call sign WF9XJD for use during his experimental transmissions.

      https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=122008&x

      (others to follow)

      LOOK FOR US ON THE AIR STARTING 01 FEB 2012!
    • George
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2012
        This action is definately a way forward to the ROS community and enthusiasts. Lets hope will start seeing US hams on the air in the not too distant future.
        rgds to all
        George
        9H1AA

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2012
          another added to the list yesterday:

          WF9XJP Frank Allen aka KA1QW

          we expect a dozen or so by the FEB01 start date.

        • siegfried jackstien
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2012
            What would be the pileup if he will be the only one ?!? :-)

            Dg9bfc
            Sigi

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2012
              lol. i think as a special-event station.

              --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, "siegfried jackstien" <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

              > What would be the pileup if he will be the only one ?!? :-)
              >
              > Dg9bfc
              > Sigi
            • frankk2ncc
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 18, 2012
                WF9XJE David Weinshenker - granted 18 Jan 2012
              • frankk2ncc
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
                  fourth addition to the group:
                  Wayne F. Dailey Jr., WF9XJY
                  https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=122442&x=.
                • siegfried jackstien
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
                    Huh ... the fourth one??? Then you have enough people to build a club

                    Usa ros userclub hi hi
                    (just kidding do not throw stones on me)

                    Nice news

                    Greetz
                    Sigi

                    Dg9bfc

                    > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

                  • Mitch
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 28, 2012
                      This STA request was not for spreadspectrum testing but for a special event. Looks like it was denied on Jan 24th