ROS MF on 500KHz

  • graham787
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
      With the onset of autumn, ROS MF activity is on the increase in the 500Khz band round UK and Europe

      Uk Stations over the last days and nights have run CQ beacons and conducted 2 ways QSO's using both MF-2 and MF-7 modes

      Where as the new MF-2 mode gives 3dB away to the original MF-1 , the extra speed has enabled 2 way LIVE qso's to be conducted under the most difficult of conditions at the double ...

      The WEB-SDR located at Delft Holland provides a convenient monitoring port >> http://websdr.pa3weg.nl/ <<

      G..
    • rein0zn@ix.netcom.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi Graham,

        Where do I look on the Delft SDR?

        73 Rein W6SZ

        >With the onset of autumn, ROS MF activity is on the increase in the 500Khz band round UK and Europe
        >
        >Uk Stations over the last days and nights have run CQ beacons and conducted 2 ways QSO's using both MF-2 and MF-7 modes
        >
        >Where as the new MF-2 mode gives 3dB away to the original MF-1 , the extra speed has enabled 2 way LIVE qso's to be conducted under the most difficult of conditions at the double ...
        >
        >The WEB-SDR located at Delft Holland provides a convenient monitoring port >> http://websdr.pa3weg.nl/ <<
        >
        >G..

      • graham787
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
          Rein.. Just set 500 Khz USB as per the ROS frequency

          G..

        • rein0zn@ix.netcom.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
            Graham,

            I understand the upper sideband part but where is the activity/ QRG? exactly?
            What times in UTC? The ROS freq list just lists 500 kHz?
            Probably have to go to learning process, so many changes it looks like.

            73 Rein W6SZ

            >Rein.. Just set 500 Khz USB as per the ROS frequency
            >
            >G..
            >
            >--- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, rein0zn@... wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi Graham,
            >>

            >> Where do I look on the Delft SDR?
            >>
            >> 73 Rein W6SZ

          • graham787
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
              Ok R .

              All the listed ROS frequency's are ''Dial Set''

              So for the 500 band , the tx/rx 'Dial set' is 500 KHz USB.. this with the 1500 Hz audio frequency puts the mode on 501.500 KHz , i.e. 500 Hz inside the UK band edge ,,

              14.103 is the dial freq for 20 mtrs in USB mode

              G..

              --- In ROSDIGITALMODEMGROUP@yahoogroups.com, rein0zn@... wrote:

              > Graham,
              >

              > I understand the upper sideband part but where is the activity/ QRG? exactly?
              > What times in UTC? The ROS freq list just lists 500 kHz?
              > Probably have to go to learning process, so many changes it looks like.
              >
              > 73 Rein W6SZ

            • graham787
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                Just going into Dark now at 19-25 GMT , check the psk-reporting map http://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html for 500 spots , set band = unknown ..

              • rein0zn@ix.netcom.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                  Graham,

                  OK, Don't really know much about the 600 m band. Understood about the dial freq.

                  Will concentrate on this tomorrow and the the rest of weekend , Short on time today.

                  73 Rein W6SZ

                • rein0zn@ix.netcom.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                    Graham,

                    Totally out of touch! How do I select MF1 mode? Loaded v6.9.6. Is there some sort of manual now?

                    73 Rein W6SZ

                    >> I understand the upper sideband part but where is the activity/ QRG? exactly?
                    >> What times in UTC? The ROS freq list just lists 500 kHz?
                    >> Probably have to go to learning process, so many changes it looks like.
                    >>
                    >> 73 Rein W6SZ

                  • graham787
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                      Ok Rein .. all you need do ,is select the frequency from the drop down list . the modes are linked to the frequency .. so when you select 500 or 136 , you are then using the MF mode , keep the RX set to 2-7 , to make sure you decode mf-2 or mf-7

                      73 -G..

                    • rein0zn@ix.netcom.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                        Graham, decoded you at 21:52