Ros can be used on HF in USA !!

  • graham787
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
      This is posted to the wspr site

      Hello all,

      I'm interested in what others have to say regarding using WSPR on 13.555 MHz. If your not familiar with this unlicensed Part 15 "band", here is the skinny in a nutshell.

      FCC regulations part 15.225 allow operation in the 13.553-13.567 MHz range with a field strength of 10,000 ìV/m measured at a distance of 30 meters. This works out to a little under 2 mW into a 1/2 wave dipole antenna. I think WSPR would be a match made in heaven regarding experimenting on this very low power, NO LICENSE NEEDED 19 meter band..............Comments?

      Best from North Dakota,

      .
    • Dave Sparks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011

        IIRC, your equipment must be certified or type accepted to use it for Part
        15.

        --
        Dave Sparks - AF6AS
      • graham787
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2011
          Intresting Band looks like there is more than one of these un regulated bands .. not quite sure what the allocations are ment to be used for ? lofer beacons and hifer beacons seem to be allowed .........part 15 regs look like the normal dogs dinner , some time after the dogs dinner time ?