ENGLISH~ARE YOU ...JESUS ?

  • virginiabrasov
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2009
      MountainWings       A MountainWings Moment
      #9261          Wings Over The Mountains of Life

      Are You...?
      ============

      A few years ago a group of salesmen went to a regional sales
      convention in Chicago. They had assured their wives that they
      would be home in plenty of time for Friday night's dinner.

      In their rush, with tickets and briefcases, one of these
      salesmen inadvertently kicked over a table which held a display
      of  apples. Apples flew everywhere. Without stopping or
      looking back, they all managed to reach the plane in time for
      their nearly missed boarding. All but one.

      He paused, took a deep breath, got in touch with his feelings,
      and experienced a twinge of compassion for the girl whose apple
      stand had been overturned. He told his buddies to go on without
      him, waved goodbye, told one of them to call his wife when they
      arrived at their home destination and explain his taking a later
      flight. Then he returned to the terminal where the apples were
      all over the terminal floor. He was glad he did.

      The 16 year old girl was totally blind! She was softly crying,
      tears running down her cheeks in frustration, and at the same
      time helplessly groping for her spilled produce as the crowd
      swirled about her, no one topping and no one to care for her
      plight.

      The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the
      apples, put them back on the table and helped organize her
      display.

      As he did this, he noticed that many of them had become battered
      and bruised; these he set aside in another basket.

      When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the
      girl, "Here, please take this $40 for the damage we did. Are
      you okay?" She nodded through her tears. He continued on with,
      "I hope we didn't spoil your day too badly." As the salesman
      started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl called out to
      him, "Mister". He paused and turned to look back into those
      blind eyes.
      She continued, "Are you Jesus?"

      He stopped in mid-stride, and he wondered. Then slowly he made
      his way to catch the later flight with that question burning and
      bouncing about in his soul:
      "Are you Jesus?"

      Do people mistake you for Jesus? That's our destiny, is it not?
      To be so much like Jesus that people cannot tell the difference
      as we live and interact with a world (shopping, working,
      reacting to others that are serving us) that is blind to His
      love, life and grace.

      If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act as He
      would. Knowing Him is more than simply quoting Scripture and
      going to church.
      It's actually living the Word as life unfolds
      day to day.

      You are the apple of His eye even though we, too, have been
      bruised by a fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked you
      and me up on a hill called Calvary and paid in full for our
      damaged fruit.

      Let us live like we are worth the price He paid.

      ~Author Unknown~

      Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
      http://www.mountainwings.com/past/9261.htm

      Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
      See you tomorrow.

          www.MountainWings.com
      "Wings Over The Mountains of Life"
      To: Subscribe, Un-Subscribe, Get a Book, T-Shirt, Rate Issues,
      Tell Friends about MountainWings, Read Past Issues, Donations,
      Submit a MountainWings Moment or Prayer Request, Set homepage to
      Daily issue in larger type Go To:
      http://www.mountainwings.com
      MountainWings, POBox 43725, 120 Selig Dr., Atlanta, GA 30336 USA