That Which ROASTS Todd Seavey Makes Him Stronger

  • Todd Seavey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2011

      This Thursday, July 14 -- Bastille Day -- sees seven of my associates forming a revolutionary committee to discuss and mock my (purported) flaws and foibles (this was not my idea).

      See the results -- and even participate in the brutal q & a -- at 7:30pm that day by joining us (free, with cash bar) on the basement level of Lolita Bar (266 Broome St., one block south of the Delancey St. subway stop on Manhattan's Lower East Side) for That Which Roasts Todd Seavey Makes Him Stronger

      Roasting:

      •emcee Scott Nybakken, comics editor
      Chuck Blake, skeptic and quant
      Laura Braunstein, hot librarian
      Prof. Christine Caldwell Ames, veteran of MTV, Nat'l Lampoon, and Yale Divinity School
      Lefty Leibowitz, urban explorer, debater, roller derby mogul, pedal steel guitarist, web designer, and surfer
      Diana Fleischman, evolutionary psychology expert
      Berin Szoka, president of http://TechFreedom.org and co-editor of The Next Digital Decade (http://techfreedom.org/publications/books)

      Being roasted -- and responding:

      the guy who does these things, among others (hopefully of use even to non-New Yorkers):

      P.S. For follow-up discussion a few days later, catch some of us Mon. the 18th (7:30-on) in the back room at Langan's (47th just east of 7th).

      P.P.S. If anyone is ambitious enough to audio or video record this and even put it online, I'd happily plug the results come what may (pending getting an audiovisual assistant and chauffeur someday).