Todd in print...in DC...in bar combat...in another bar...and in a new blog format

  • Todd Seavey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      My apologies for being aloof the past week or so (and for having an as
      yet skeletal, rebooted blog, which will expand), but big things are
      afoot in October, including the following items to put in your
      calendar, just for starters:

      •Tue., Oct. 5: The Jonah Goldberg-edited anthology _Proud to Be Right_
      hits shelves, including essays by me, Todd Seavey (called "Conservatism
      for Punks," of course), plus twenty-one other "Voices of the Next
      Conservative Generation," among them acquaintances of mine (or at least
      people I've met) such as Michael Brendan Dougherty, James Kirchick,
      Evan Coyne Maloney, James Poulos, and Helen Rittelmeyer.

      •Wed. Oct. 6, 7:30pm: Meet four contributors to the volume -- yours
      truly (Todd Seavey), Jonah Goldberg, Ashley Thorne, and Helen
      Rittelmeyer (yes, '08-'10 ex-girlfriend Helen Rittelmeyer) all on a
      panel at Georgetown University's White-Gravenor Hall, in room 201A.

      •Thur., Oct. 14, 8pm: It's "Todd Seavey vs. the World" at Lolita Bar
      (266 Broome St. at Allen St. on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, one
      block south of the Delancey St. F J M Z subway stop). After reading a
      few excerpts from my "Conservatism for Punks" essay, I will defend any
      of my previously-stated views -- on any topic -- on which the audience
      cares to challenge me.

      •Mon., Oct. 18, 7pm: The political discussion continues at Langan's
      bar/restaurant (47th just east of 7th), where on the third Monday of
      each month I host the Manhattans Project social gathering for political
      and media people. E-mail me if you want to be on the e-distribution
      list to be notified about those ongoing events (separate from the
      Lolita events) and aren't already.

      Learn more at http://ToddSeavey.com