Why liberal politicians think it OK to lie

  • soyamaven@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      From http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2010/08/026898.php:

      Yesterday (July 31), I (Paul Mirengoff) claimed that, while liberatarian
      (sic) candidates like Rand Paul are uncomfortable with "fudging" their views,
      liberal candidates seem quite willing to fudge their beliefs in order to
      gain office. An email from one of my favorite Power Line correspondents, Scott
      Smith, prompts me to suggest the following explanation for the difference:
      liberals think their ideology makes them, above all, morally superior;
      libertarians think their ideology makes them, above all, intellectually superior.

      Moral superiority, for many who feel it, is not compromised by deceptive
      statements made in the name of gaining the power to "do good." But
      intellectual superiority is compromised by any statement that is incorrect or
      intellectually lazy.

      I hope this information is useful or, at least, interesting.

      L'Shannah Tovah* & Happy 5771,

      Walter Greenspan
      Great Falls, MT & Jericho, NY

      * L'Shannah Tovah (li-SHAH-nuh TOH-vuh; li-shah-NAH toh-VAH)
      Hebrew. Lit. for a good year. The common greeting during Rosh ha Shannah
      and the Days of Awe. This is a shortening of "L'Shannah tovah tikatev
      v'taihatem" (or, to women, "L'Shannah tovah tikatevi v'taihatemi"), which means,
      "May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year." This year, the two-day
      Jewish Biblical Festival of Rosh ha Shannah (Lev. 23:23-25) will begin at sunset
      on Wednesday, September 8 on the civil calendar.
      </HTML>