Fw: [conservative-137] NYYRC November 12 Speaker Forum Featuring Dan Halloran, Susan Kong and John Wilson

  • Carl Svensson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2009

      Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:48 PM
      Subject: [conservative-137] NYYRC November 12 Speaker Forum Featuring Dan Halloran, Susan Kong and John Wilson

      The next meeting of the independent New York Young Republican Club (http://www.nycyr.org) will be on Thursday.

      November Speakers Forum

      Guest Speakers:
      John Wilson is an editorial writer with the New York Post,
      where he covers a wide range of local and national issues, from cigarette taxation to the rise of the Working Families Party. He's been with the Post since 2007, when he won the Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in College Journalism. John Wilson will discuss his coverage on the Ashok Chandra campaign as well as the candidates who ran on the Working Families Party line.

      Councilman-elect Dan Halloran. Republicans had some hard fought victories in Queens on Election Day and the one that was covered the most was District 19. Dan will join us and discuss how he was able to run a winning strategy and reclaim this middle class district from the Democrats.

      Susan Konig was a Westchester legislator candidate , who was less than 200 votes* in taking a district that is roughly 2 to 1 Democrat. Konig is also a mother of four, columnist for the NY Post, Washington Post, National Review Online, and Catholic Digest. She is also author of I Wear the Maternity Pants in This Family and  Why Animals Sleep So Close to the Road (and Other Lies I Tell My Children).
      *There is now an ongoing recount and absentee ballots are still being counted. She is currently 130 votes short.

      Please RSVP to this meeting at http://www.nycyr.org/rsvp.php

      283 Lexington Ave (btw 36th & 37th St)
      Second Floor South Lounge
      7:30PM to 9:30PM

      Afterwards, we will continue political discussions over food and drink at:
      Margarita Murphy's
      591 3rd Ave (btw 38th & 39th St)

      This will be our last Speaker Forum for 2009.
      Our December Date will be our 2009 Christmas Party.

      Meetup Inc. PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | support@...