Fwd: Your Instant Action Is Requested

  • Carl Svensson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2009
      --- In RLCNY@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Svensson" <csvensson@...> wrote:

      NYC-LI Republican Meet Up Members:

      My name is Carl Svensson, the Immediate Past Chair of
      the RLCNY, and I am also listed as an Asst. Organizer
      of this group. It has just come to my attention that Dan
      has stepped down as Organizer of the group, and I have
      been unable to contact him about this situation. I am requesting that everyone do the following at this time:

      If you live on Long Island, please join the 'new' "Liberty
      Caucus e-Group covering this area. You can do that
      by sending a blank e-mail to:

      LCNY-LI-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you live in NYC, please join the 'new" Liberty Caucus
      e-Group covering this area. You can do that by sending
      a blank e-mail to:

      LCNY-NYC-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you live in a different part of NYS, please contact me
      directly so I can refer you to a proper venue. My e-mail
      address is: csvensson@...

      Most of you are not involved directly with the RLCNY at this
      time so I do want to share some information with you.

      First, the RLCNY recently had new State Board elections
      and elected a larger, more geographical diverse group of
      Officers and Directors including one each from both Nassau
      (Vito Palmieri) and Suffolk (Tom McConnell). New York
      City is represented by Sam Russo (Kings), Nasir Muhammad (Bronx), Marshall Steeves (NY) and Dan Halloran (Queens).

      Second, many of you are not familar with the fact that the
      RLCNY sponsors a state-wide e-Group which includes
      a wide array of the leadership of a number of "fellow traveling" organizations. Members here include Chris Edes, State Chair of the LPNY (and other members of
      their State Board), Dan Halloran, the new State Chair of
      the RLCNY, Robert Hornack, the Chair of the Urban Republican Coalition, Nasir Muhammad, the Organizer of
      the New York Republican Meet Up Group, Ron Moore,
      the Organizer of the Libertarian Meet Up Group, Ron
      Lewenberg, the Organizer of the Conservative Meet Up Group, Bill Buran, Organizer of the NYC Campaign for Liberty and a State Co-Chair of that organization, Steve
      Vasquez, another C4L State Co-Chair,and many more. You are invited to join that group too, and you can do that by sending a blank e-mail to: RLCNY@yahoogroups.com

      As constituted, the NYC-LI Republican Liberty Caucus Meet Up Group was not a viable operation in the sense that the territory it incorporated was just too large, and meetings were only scheduled in one venue in Queens. Frankly, the Google venue is great for organizing "meetings" but has tremendous limitations for everything else.

      If Dan did not make provision to establish other Meet Up Groups, or some other provision to keep this group intact
      for one reason or another at this time. I am trying to do that at this time. Please join one (or both if you so desire) of
      the Regional groups that have been established.

      I do have two Meet Up groups in the Hudson Valley that I will be closing down, and I am more than willing to offer one of these to "NYC" and one to "LI" . There are folks here,
      I would hope (Isaiah, Doug &Natasha, Sam, Tom, et.al) who could take some responsibility to coordinate these activities, and I am hopeful that RLCNY members will shortly establish Regional Chapters of the RLC in both NYC and LI, and begin to make a difference on the political scene. (We do have a chartered Hudson Valley Region, and "we" have a recently renamed e-Group (you can join by sending a blank e-mail too: LCNY-HV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com We also have a Meet Up Group, and a Facebook Group too.

      The RLCNY will fairly soon be relaunching a revamped
      website (it is now a disaster), but I hope in the short-term
      you will all check out the 'national' website if you have not
      done so (www.rlc.org).

      We do not want to lose you, please take the action requested now. If you have any questions at all, please
      contact me.

      If for some reason you are unable to join one of the e-Groups above, please drop me a line.

      Thanks.

      Yours in Liberty,

      Carl

      --- End forwarded message ---