property debate Jan. 7 (plus Goldwater's 100th)

  • Todd Seavey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Debate at Lolita Bar:

      Wednesday, Jan. 7, 8pm: “Is Intellectual Property Theft?”

      Yes: entrepreneur Mitch Golden.

      No: lawyer Raymond Dowd.

      Hosted by Todd Seavey and moderated by Michel Evanchik.

      Basement level, 266 Broome St. at Allen St. on the Lower East Side, one
      block south of the Delancey St. F J M Z subway stop.

      P.S. And all this month at my blog, it's "The Month of Liberty (i.e.,
      Property)," exploring similar issues and making the case for the
      centrality of property rights to politics, morals, and civilization,
      though the debate question itself is a divisive and tricky one.

      I kick things off with a reminder that today would have been BARRY
      GOLDWATER'S 100th BIRTHDAY (remind the world):

      http://toddseavey.com/2009/01/01/auh2o-100-the-centenary-of-barry-
      goldwaters-birth/

      Learn more at http://ToddSeavey.com