Why we need term limits

  • Nasir Muhammad
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2008
      Term Limits should be extended for City Council members only; and only for one additional term, a total of (12) years.

      The Mayoral Term, in my opinion, should not exceed eight(8) years.

      The actual extension of Term Limits should not be a creation of the City Council or any backroom deal, brokered, by an elite group of unelected people, however well intentioned.

      Term Limits should be placed before the Electorate as a ballot referendum, to be voted on by the public.

      New York City will be the beneficiary of a representative body of people elected from their, respective, communities with enough time to distinguish themselves as true servants of the people without an overbearing imperial Mayor.

      Nasir Muhammad

      Nasir Muhammad
      1444 E. Gun Hill RD #17
      Bronx NY 10469