debate on Barr vs McCain, June 4

  • Todd Seavey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      Should Conservatives and Libertarians Vote for Barr Instead of McCain?

      Next week, Wed., June 4 (8pm), Avery Knapp (who ran the Ron Paul
      Meet-Up group, remains active in the movement, and is a radiologist by
      day) will argue _yes_ to that question and writer Ken Silber (whose
      writing has appeared in _Reason_, TCSDaily, the _Freeman_, and several
      prominent right-leaning publications) will argue _no_ -- while
      interested Democrats look on to see what happens when the right
      develops a Nader of its own, and everyone gets to vote on the question
      -- on the basement level of Lolita Bar, 266 Broome St. at Allen St.
      (one block south and three west of the Delancey St. subway stop), with
      Michel Evanchik moderating and Todd Seavey hosting.

      (And because our favorite Lower East Side establishment has a liquor
      license, we are unlikely to get raided like the wine and cheese
      reception at a Hamptons art gallery, the latest source of
      antigovernment griping on my blog, linked below as always. Also note:
      our Lolita event after this one will be July 22, a panel of women who
      have donated eggs, instead of the usual first-Wednesday. In the
      meantime, though, see you June 4.)

      Learn more at http://ToddSeavey.com