Re: Meet Up - New Paltz/New Meet Up Group

  • Carl Svensson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008

      Meet Up:  The College Dinner                                                             "Where do we go from here"    "TERM LIMITS" will be on the agenda.
                      500 Main Street
                      New Paltz, NY
                      845-255-5040

                      Tuesday, November 18, 2008 700 PM

                      Guest:  George Devine, Co-Chair
                                  Ulster Co. Independence Party

      Everyone is welcome to attend.  Please RSVP to me directly (csvensson@...) or join the new Meet Up group below which is replacing the Orange and Mid-Hudson RP Meet Up groups (along with others).

      In late August, I asked the question, "Where do we go from Here", since I was well aware that Ron Paul Meet Up Groups would soon 'die' for lack of focus.  I also suggested a few ideas that "we" might consider.

      Organizers of 6 Ron Paul Groups in Orange, Rockland, Westchester, and the Mid-Hudson are consolidating their operations, and with other "limited government advocates", in a Hudson Valley Meet Up Group as part of a state-wide effort to recruit and motivate freedom lovers into a cohesive political force. This effort is being spearheaded by the RLCNY and Ron Paul advocates.  It is open to members
      of all political parties.  We are not trying to undermine local Ron Paul groups, Libertarian or Constitution Party groups, or any other organized "limited government advocates", but we hope that we can coordinate our activities and forces to coalesce around issues and candidates that we can agree to support.

      The Meet Up Group "format" has some advantages, and some serious disadvantages, primarily in communication. For that reason, RLC sponsored Regional groups and its state-wide organization group use both the "Meet Up" format and the e-Group 'format' which complement one another.

      You can join the new Meet Up Group by following this link: http://rlc.meetup.com/120/members/ .

      You can join the e-Group by following this link: RLCNY-HV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com   Moderators of this group include Don Silberger and Bob Cotton of the LPNY.

      You might be interested in joining the state-wide e-Group.

      You can do this by following this link: rlcny-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      "Members of this group include much of the state leadership of the RLCNY, the LPNY, the NY Constitution Party, the John Birch Society, the Republican Urban Coalition, Organizers of the state-wide Libertarian, Conservative, and Republican Meet Up groups, and former Ron Paul "leaders'.

      For your general information:  the RLC - the Republican Liberty Caucus (the libertarian Republicans) "sponsor" these groups, but members of these groups ARE NOT necessarily, members of the RLCNY.
      <Ron Paul was a former National Chair of the RLC>

      Yours in Liberty,

      Carl Svensson
      181 Stony Ford Road
      Middletown, NY 10941
      Cell:  914-850-0452

    • Carl Svensson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
        --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Svensson" <csvensson@...> wrote:

        "Meet Up: The College Diner "Where do we go from here"

        > You can join the new Meet Up Group by following this link:
        http://rlc.meetup.com/120/members/ .

        Don and Bob: Can you share with the others 'your' impression of the
        first Meet Up? Don't forget to promote the LP Meet Up in
        New Paltz, and please tell us what is on the agenda for
        political activists.

        Carl