Administrator message - spam filter

  • bobprol
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2008
      Greetings,

      I'm not sure what causes a message to get caught in the spam filter,
      but I figure it out I'll let you know how to get around it. I was away
      this weekend, so some messages were delayed due to the spam filter. I
      will not moderate anything other than outright spam, or off-topic
      posts. If I do moderate a message, it will be with the sender's
      knowledge.

      So if you send a note and it takes time to post, please bear with me.
      I'll start to get used to member names, and can approve from my PDA. If
      I don't know the poster's name, I will wait until I get to a computer
      before approving.

      Thanks,
      Bob
    • Carl Svensson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
        --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, "bobprol" <robert.prol@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I'm not sure what causes a message to get caught in the spam filter,
        > but I figure it out I'll let you know how to get around it.

        Bill, and Everyone else for that matter,

        Please give me a day or two to resolve this situation.

        As a general rule, its has been my policy not to moderate any activity
        on lists where I am the moderator. At times, this has allowed us to
        be spammed once or twice, but I believe the free flow of information,
        and the lack of time restraints are important.

        Carl
      • Robert Prol
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
          It has the same settings as when I took over. Also, I am listed as "moderated", meaning that none of my messages get posted without approving myself... strange!

          --