Re: Comments heating up at my blog

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
      --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, Bob Fois had written in part:

      "Well ... According to what pro-life organizers in Westchester have told me...."

      "Couple that with the fact that he might be lying...."

      Raquel had written in part:

      " I wrote a blog about Nan Hayworth yesterday, <Mr.> Dr. Hayworth
      (Nan's husband) responded. I'm trying to uncover the truth here, and if anyone has any input, I would appreciate it".

      Bob: Raquel is trying to "uncover the truth", and unfortunately, your
      comments, to say the least, are not very illuminating.

      I would encourage everyone to deal with FACTS. One thing is sure, there is a lot of misinformation, and I suspect disinformation, occurring, in this "debate" which is occurring in cross posts accross many sites.

      I certainly understand the passions that are unleashed when the "abortion issue" comes into play. Everyone should also understand,
      the when this wedge issue comes to the "forefront", it spells disaster
      for Republican election prospects in the overwhelming majority of
      Congressional Districts in New York State.

      Carl
    • Bob Fois
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
        Carl,

        I respect your view but I am a Conservative leader.

        In respect to the wishes contemporaries and district leaders in Westchester, I can't endorse Nan Hayworh.

        And after the way some of Nan's surrogates menaced me last night over this issue, my recomendation to the entire Westchester County Conservative Committee is that Hayworth's campaign is both a bit too desperate and unstable over the abortion to settle on her as our candidate.

        That might change -- but right now everyone is being too shallow about a critically important issue.  Also, I am concerned about Nan's healthcare stands.  She's back by doctors -- who may thankfully oppose socialized medicine but who also may not have productive concerns for patients.  Given the money she has accepted from the PAC and the huge amount of money the PAC has sent liberal Democrats ($51,500), I have serious doubts about her conservative Republican stands.

        Finally, I am afraid that she has not been able to come into her own as a candidate without Sue Kelly and that troubles me as a citizen hoping for better representation in the Hudson Valley.

        Bob Fois

        ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
          "In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, Bob Fois wrote in part:

          "<Carl> I respect your view but I am a Conservative <Party> leader. In respect to the wishes <of> contemporaries and district leaders in Westchester, I can't endorse Nan Hayworh".

          Bob: The members of this group come from rather diverse backgrounds,
          but hopefully, all of them are in the "limited government camp". While my objective here is building broad-based coalitions to support
          legislation and candidates, in practice this will not always work out.
          If we are too be effective, we will have to agree to disagree from time to time. Just to set the record straight, I have not decided who
          to support for the Republican nomination in the 19th CD.

          Can you share with us what position you hold in the Westchester County Conservative Party? Is one's position on the "pro-life/pro-choice" issue a litmus test for the Conservative Party endorsement?
          Are there any other litmus tests?

          " And after the way some of Nan's surrogates menaced me last night over this issue...." (BF)

          Bob: Can you share with us how "they" menaced you?

          Carl