Re: [RLCNY-HV] Comments heating up at my blog

  • Bob Fois
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
      Well ... According to what pro-life organizers in Westchester have told me, Dr. Scott Hayworth lied to you last night.  I have been told that the Mount Kisco Medical Group is an abortion clinic.  However, the bigger issue is the existence of the PAC and its lobbying activities.

      Hayworth admitted being involved with the PAC and honored to be a part of its operation, as much as he denied any integral role.

      Have you seen the numbers of Mount Kisco Medical Group and Westchester Medical Group doctors and employees giving to this PAC?  120 donors!!!  120 of this PAC's 176 donors are local associates or employees of the medical facility operated by Scott Hayworth.  The obvious number of people associated with him is hard to ignore, at least 60 directly under him and that doesn't factor in spouses or friends.

      Maybe it is not a PAC with any fingerprints to the abortion lobby but it is certainly a doctor-dominated healthcare PAC.  The questions to be asked concern what healthcare policies Nan Hayworth advocates and why she would even allow indirect association with a PAC giving money to liberal Democrats.  The existence of the PAC and her taking a donation from a PAC that is so obviously funded by her husband's business is hard to ignore.

      Couple that with the fact that he might be lying about abortions being performed there, I suspect there is a credibility gap here that conflicts at least with the beliefs of the New York State Conservative Party.  She won't get the Conservative line.  She would lose a primary over this too.  Worse, she accepted PAC money without considering its reach into her campaign.  The bigger issue here then becomes her poor judgment and bad priorities.  It's not good.

      Also consider where a doctor-dominated healthcare PAC might conflict with private healthcare patient rights ...

      Bob Fois

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
        --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, Bob Fois had written in part:

        "Well ... According to what pro-life organizers in Westchester have told me...."

        "Couple that with the fact that he might be lying...."

        Raquel had written in part:

        " I wrote a blog about Nan Hayworth yesterday, <Mr.> Dr. Hayworth
        (Nan's husband) responded. I'm trying to uncover the truth here, and if anyone has any input, I would appreciate it".

        Bob: Raquel is trying to "uncover the truth", and unfortunately, your
        comments, to say the least, are not very illuminating.

        I would encourage everyone to deal with FACTS. One thing is sure, there is a lot of misinformation, and I suspect disinformation, occurring, in this "debate" which is occurring in cross posts accross many sites.

        I certainly understand the passions that are unleashed when the "abortion issue" comes into play. Everyone should also understand,
        the when this wedge issue comes to the "forefront", it spells disaster
        for Republican election prospects in the overwhelming majority of
        Congressional Districts in New York State.

        Carl
      • Bob Fois
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
          Carl,

          I respect your view but I am a Conservative leader.

          In respect to the wishes contemporaries and district leaders in Westchester, I can't endorse Nan Hayworh.

          And after the way some of Nan's surrogates menaced me last night over this issue, my recomendation to the entire Westchester County Conservative Committee is that Hayworth's campaign is both a bit too desperate and unstable over the abortion to settle on her as our candidate.

          That might change -- but right now everyone is being too shallow about a critically important issue.  Also, I am concerned about Nan's healthcare stands.  She's back by doctors -- who may thankfully oppose socialized medicine but who also may not have productive concerns for patients.  Given the money she has accepted from the PAC and the huge amount of money the PAC has sent liberal Democrats ($51,500), I have serious doubts about her conservative Republican stands.

          Finally, I am afraid that she has not been able to come into her own as a candidate without Sue Kelly and that troubles me as a citizen hoping for better representation in the Hudson Valley.

          ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===

          Bob: Raquel is trying to "uncover the truth", and unfortunately, your
          comments, to say the least, are not very illuminating.

          I would encourage everyone to deal with FACTS. One thing is sure, there is a lot of misinformation, and I suspect disinformation, occurring, in this "debate" which is occurring in cross posts accross many sites.

          I certainly understand the passions that are unleashed when the "abortion issue" comes into play. Everyone should also understand,
          the when this wedge issue comes to the "forefront", it spells disaster
          for Republican election prospects in the overwhelming majority of
          Congressional Districts in New York State.

          Carl

        • Carl
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2010
            "In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, Bob Fois wrote in part:

            "<Carl> I respect your view but I am a Conservative <Party> leader. In respect to the wishes <of> contemporaries and district leaders in Westchester, I can't endorse Nan Hayworh".

            Bob: The members of this group come from rather diverse backgrounds,
            but hopefully, all of them are in the "limited government camp". While my objective here is building broad-based coalitions to support
            legislation and candidates, in practice this will not always work out.
            If we are too be effective, we will have to agree to disagree from time to time. Just to set the record straight, I have not decided who
            to support for the Republican nomination in the 19th CD.

            Can you share with us what position you hold in the Westchester County Conservative Party? Is one's position on the "pro-life/pro-choice" issue a litmus test for the Conservative Party endorsement?
            Are there any other litmus tests?

            " And after the way some of Nan's surrogates menaced me last night over this issue...." (BF)

            Bob: Can you share with us how "they" menaced you?

            Carl