"A Slight Change of Focus"

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2009
      Dan Halloran, a member of this group, was elected to the New York City
      Council on Election Day under the banners of the Republican, Libertarian, Conservative, and Independence Parties in a Democratic District in Queens. Needless to say, activists of all four parties
      were ecstatic over this outcome, and hopeful of future victories of this type. Yes, we will be trying to replicate similar results in the
      Hudson Valley.

      We plan also to engage in lobbying efforts to advance public policy in
      a more pro-freedom direction, and members of this group have been engaged in this process "locally" with mixed results. I will share with you some of the results of this in a few posts over the next several days.

      This group started the day with 45 members, and I have already deleted 2 because of "bad" e-mail addresses <I know that one of these folks, Anthony Maresco, has unfortunately moved out of the area, and he will be missed>.

      I sent this as a 'Special Notice', and in the process sent this too about four people who had requested 'No e-mail'. In the future, the
      option 'No e-mail' will not be available here, but the 'Special Notice' option will. Anyone who has dealt will me knows that I
      use the 'Special Notice' very rarely. I do expect, that a few of these
      folks - all of whom I believe live outside of the Hudson Valley - will
      be leaving us.

      A few other people here live outside the Hudson Valley, and I hope that they stay with us. This group includes two members of the RLCNY
      State Board and two ranking members of the LPNY; I value all of their counsel.

      On the other hand, new folks will be joining us in the immediate days ahead too,and hopefully the numbers involved in this process will grow
      quickly.

      You will also notice the name change of the group back to the Republican Liberty Caucus - Hudson Valley. The folks here, however, need be neither members of the RLC or Republicans, and indeed we encourage all limited-government types to work with us. The reality
      for 'us' however, is that libertarian-oriented types working to reform and rebuild the Republican Party must organize locally, and be
      in the trenches....this will be our home.

      Carl