Re: Mike Anagnostakis

  • c1svensson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2009
      --- In LCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, "chevydriver007" <chevydriver007@...> wrote:
      > This man will be challenging Democrat Anthony Marino for a Orange County legislator seat. Does anyone have any info (website, etc) on Mr. Anagnostakis?

      Hi Bill:

      Just checked Google, and did not find too much....it sppears that he could use some help.

      I did find out that he is the principal of IPC - Independent Financial
      Consultants - based in Newburgh, NY. There are some articles that he has
      written on various securities on the web.

      I also see that he contributed a number of times to the "Swift Boat
      Campaign.

      There are at least 2 Face Book accounts in the name of Mike Anagnostaqkis, but I do not know if one of them are his.

      The district that he is running in seems to appear fairly large....
      it includes portions of the Town of Montgomery for example.

      He has the endorsement of the Independence Party; Anthony Marino has
      the endorsement of the Conservative Party.

      Many Greek candidates draw significant money from the Greek-American
      communiity, and on the basis of the number of signs I've seen in
      the Towns of Newburgh and Montgomery, this might be a possibility.

      If you can find a bit more information about him -- give him a call --
      you might do well to get involved in his campaign. Activists, willing
      to invest a few dollars in the campaign, can rise very rapidly in the
      GOP, or in any other party for that matter.

      Mr. Marino is not my Legislator.

      Carl
    • Carl
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2009
        --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, Bill Garcia wrote:

        "This man will be challenging Democrat Anthony Marino for a Orange County legislator seat. Does anyone have any info (website, etc) on Mr. Anagnostakis?"

        Mr. Anagnostakis DID have a large war chest, and he defeated Anthony
        Marino, the former Minority Leader of the Orange County Legislature, and long-time incumbent by almost 2-1.

        He ran on a platform of reduced taxes and term limits...I like that!

        Carl