HV meeting update, action items, and help wanted

  • Robert Prol
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      We had a very productive meeting today at Gateway Diner in Newburgh,
      with 7 people attending. If I missed or misstated anything, please
      feel free to reply to this e-mail.

      Our short term action plan is to educate and recruit for this cause.
      Here are our action items:
      - Identify 10 of the most outrageous line items in TARP to use as
      discussion points in finding people who can be educated
      - Put together a short list of our principles for distribution by the
      members of this list

      We will also be working on development of a planning document that
      incorporates our mission statement. We have several volunteers working
      on this, and will utilize Google documents to author it.

      Some other ideas we discussed for educating people:
      - Locally hosted debates and discussions about an issue
      - Podcasts
      - Regularly schedule Skype updates around what we should focus on
      - Palm cards (see above speaking points)
      - Letters to the editor on a regular basis to the 4 HV newspapers

      We also realize there are many ways to communicate and recruit. If you
      are a Facebook user, please join our new group by visiting
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44389792606. If you have a Skype
      account, I'd like to Pilot a teleconference, so please send me your
      Skype address in a separate e-mail. We may use this technology for our
      next meeting so more of us can attend.

      Help Wanted:
      - Someone who can manage and maintain a podcast we'd like to develop.
      It can be video or audio. If you have experience in this area, please
      contact me.
      - Webmaster for the RLC NY Web site. Please contact Carl to discuss.

      There is much work to do, we will focus more on actions as we bring
      this group together.

      Please continue the fight for Liberty. The future of our great
      Republic relies on us.