HV meeting update, action items, and help wanted
- We had a very productive meeting today at Gateway Diner in Newburgh,
with 7 people attending. If I missed or misstated anything, please
feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Our short term action plan is to educate and recruit for this cause.
Here are our action items:
- Identify 10 of the most outrageous line items in TARP to use as
discussion points in finding people who can be educated
- Put together a short list of our principles for distribution by the
members of this list
We will also be working on development of a planning document that
incorporates our mission statement. We have several volunteers working
on this, and will utilize Google documents to author it.
Some other ideas we discussed for educating people:
- Locally hosted debates and discussions about an issue
- Regularly schedule Skype updates around what we should focus on
- Palm cards (see above speaking points)
- Letters to the editor on a regular basis to the 4 HV newspapers
We also realize there are many ways to communicate and recruit. If you
are a Facebook user, please join our new group by visiting
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44389792606. If you have a Skype
account, I'd like to Pilot a teleconference, so please send me your
Skype address in a separate e-mail. We may use this technology for our
next meeting so more of us can attend.
- Someone who can manage and maintain a podcast we'd like to develop.
It can be video or audio. If you have experience in this area, please
- Webmaster for the RLC NY Web site. Please contact Carl to discuss.
There is much work to do, we will focus more on actions as we bring
this group together.
Please continue the fight for Liberty. The future of our great
Republic relies on us.