Re: [RLCNY-HV] "The Northern Westchester Ron Paul Meet Up Group Is About to Close"

  • Robert Prol
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
      We should set up a facebook presence, it is very tough to read the
      volume of e-mails coming out of the multiple lists.

      ~~_/)~~_/)~~~~~_/)~~

      On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Carl Svensson <csvensson@...> wrote:
      > By tomorrow, I expect that the Northern Westchester Ron Paul Group will
      > be "no more".
      >
      > A few of the folks here, were members of that group, and several others
      > belong to 'our' Regional Meet Up Group; unfortunately, I was not able
      > to recruit everyone to join this group and/or the Meet Up Group.
      >
      > Over time, I was able to "capture" a number of e-mail addresses, but for
      > some of these folks, I may have lost all contact. If anyone knows any
      > of those who did not join us, I would hope that you would encourage them
      > to join with us. If you have anyone's e-mail address, I would hope that
      > you would share it with 'us' too.
      >
      > On a similar vein, there are about 300 other RP folks still isolated in
      > their HV Meet Up Groups where nothing is happening. Once again, if you
      > know any of these people I would urge you to invite them to join us if
      > only in a "watch and look" status.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Carl

    • Carl Svensson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
        --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Prol" <robert.prol@...> wrote:

        > We should set up a facebook presence, it is very tough to read the
        > volume of e-mails coming out of the multiple lists.

        Someone on this list has volunteered to establish a "face book
        presence", but I am sure that party is busy at this time, or has
        had a change of heart. Please contact me off line.

        Many of us who are on multiple lists are getting too much e-mail,
        and it is a turnoff to say the least. We are going to have to
        have some sort of educational process to inform the members of the
        various groups as to what should be on the state-wide e-group, and
        what should be the Regional sites, and encourage everyone to belong
        to the state-wide e-Group and their Regional one. I will try.

        I do not want to embarrass anyone, but I know that Bob has broad
        shoulders, and wants me to 'spread the word' as we all do "this"
        sometime.

        His note above has no relationship to the subject: "The Northern
        Westchester Ron Paul Meet Up Group is About to Close." When you
        start a new subject, the 'subject' must change. I did not change
        the subject because I wanted everyone to see what I was talking
        about.

        Also, every thing on the page that does not relate to the message
        should be deleted. In this case, I did so.

        And yes, I make these same errors when I am in a 'rush'.

        Carl
      • Robert Prol
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
          Done:

          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44389792606

          Hope to see you all joining. E-mails are so "last century"

          Bob
          ~~_/)~~_/)~~~~~_/)~~

          On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Carl Svensson <csvensson@...> wrote:
          > --- In RLCNY-HV@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Prol" <robert.prol@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> We should set up a facebook presence, it is very tough to read the
          >> volume of e-mails coming out of the multiple lists.
          >>
          > Someone on this list has volunteered to establish a "face book
          > presence", but I am sure that party is busy at this time, or has
          > had a change of heart. Please contact me off line.
          >
          > Many of us who are on multiple lists are getting too much e-mail,
          > and it is a turnoff to say the least. We are going to have to
          > have some sort of educational process to inform the members of the
          > various groups as to what should be on the state-wide e-group, and
          > what should be the Regional sites, and encourage everyone to belong
          > to the state-wide e-Group and their Regional one. I will try.

          > I do not want to embarrass anyone, but I know that Bob has broad
          > shoulders, and wants me to 'spread the word' as we all do "this"
          > sometime.
          >
          > His note above has no relationship to the subject: "The Northern
          > Westchester Ron Paul Meet Up Group is About to Close." When you
          > start a new subject, the 'subject' must change. I did not change
          > the subject because I wanted everyone to see what I was talking
          > about.
          >
          > Also, every thing on the page that does not relate to the message
          > should be deleted. In this case, I did so.
          >
          > And yes, I make these same errors when I am in a 'rush'.
          >
          > Carl

        • Raquel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
            I can do the facebook page, I just need a short description, and a pic.  Are we limitting this group to Hudson Valley?

            Raquel

          • robert.prol@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
              I already set up a Facebook group for HV. There is already a NYS group started by Aron Biterman.

              Bob