Fwd: As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for Senate Seat -- new on www.nycapitolnews

  • Nasir Muhammad
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 5:43 AM
      The possibilities for our movement keep multiplying!

      We began as a few individuals with a dream and slowly we are building a movement.

      As the political landscape changes we must find a way to capitalize; is there any other Republican group in New York State better positioned to move into the vacuum, The New York State Republican Party is struggling to present a  relevant program.

      Small government pro economic growth is our platform.

      Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
      From: The Capitol <thecapitol@...>
      To: nasirmuhammadconsulting@...
      Subject: As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for
      Senate Seat -- new on www.nycapitolnews

      $Account.OrganizationName
      )
      The publication focused on New York State politics
      www.nycapitolnews.com

      March 21, 2008
      Submit op-eds and letters to the editor to editor@....

      Web Exclusive: As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for Senate Seat.
      Web Exclusive: As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for Senate Seat.
      Click here to read more of "As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for Senate Seat."

      Rep. Tom Reynolds' retirement announcement seems likely to set the stage for another competitive State Senate race this fall.

      Officially, State Sen. George Maziarz (R-Niagara)-long thought to covet Reynolds' seat-has told Republican leaders that he will confer with his wife, Beverly, and close advisors over the weekend. But several sources said that Maziarz will announce his candidacy on Monday.

      If he runs, he seven-term senator's decision to try for Congress might move his Senate seat from safe for the GOP to a toss-up, with a battle looming between Niagara County Republican Chairman Henry Wojtaszek and Lewiston Town Supervisor Fred Newlin (D). Sources familiar with Wojtaszek's thinking said the GOP leader has made the decision to run, while those close to Newlin said he is about to make a final decision.

      This could move the seat from safe Republican to toss-up.

      Click here to read more of "As Maziarz Congressional Announcement Looms, Candidates Emerge for Senate Seat."

      phone: (212) 894-5417

      Forward email

      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to nasirmuhammadconsulting@..., by thecapitol@...

      The Capitol | 79 Madison Avenue | 16th Floor | New York | NY | 10016

      Nasir Muhammad
      1444 E. Gun Hill RD #17
      Bronx NY 10469
      T.917-667-4282 F.1-321-260-6121