The 'libertarian professor' in the Florida Senate

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      10. The `libertarian professor' in the Florida Senate

      Look him up in RLCer Aaron Biterman's Libertarian Yellow Pages
      (http://chelm.freeyellow.com/libprof.html) and you'll find Florida
      Sen. Mike Haridopolos (R-Melbourne) listed as a `libertarian

      Sen. Haridopolos came to the attention of the RLC as the cosponsor
      in April of the bill to remove the 8- year term limits repeal from
      the ballot.

      One of the best known libertarian professors in Florida is Randall
      Holcombe, economics professor at Florida State University. Holcombe
      believes Biterman's description is accurate. "From a libertarian
      viewpoint, I know lots of positives and nothing negative regarding
      Senator Haridopolos. I'm a big fan of his," he wrote recently in the
      statewide RLC email discussion group.

      This item is from the latest RLC of Florida newsletter. To see the
      full newsletter, go to: http://www.rlcfl.org/2006q1.pdf