PAC and Nullification Of Real ID Act

  • libertyman50
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      We need to have a meeting of the PAC officers and boardmembers. I
      would suggest we meet on August 27, 2005 after the RLCFL meeting to
      discuss strategies and how to coordinate our efforts. We need to get
      all property rights groups on Florida on board with this project.

      I would strongly urge for each of you to start holding meetings with
      each of your area's legislative delegations and start lobbying them
      on stop gap legislation if they are unable to vote for a referendum
      so that we may commence with our grassrotts effort of gathering
      petition signatures

      Additionally in those meetings we need to strongly lobby for
      nullification of the Real ID Act. Tell your representatives that you
      are part of Floridians Opposed To the Real I.D. Act coalition
      (FLORIDA)and that it is important that they act on this. If its
      vetoed by the Governor then insist that they override such a veto.
      And if they do not, then we will make it a campaign issue if they
      seek re-election.

      Finally, be cautious of this committee to be chaired by Marco Rubio.
      From what i understand as to his voting record it appears to be for
      BIG GOVERNMENT!. By the Aug 27 meeting I want to hear progress
      reports on these two issues. Thanks, Al Gutierrez