Fwd: Important Meeting Tuesday June 23

  • leespatch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2009
      Please pass this on

      To Your Success!
      R. B. Lee
      CFRI member

      From: augie@...
      To: augie@...
      Sent: 6/18/2009 4:55:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Important Meeting Tuesday June 23
      To All OSCEOLA Homeowners and Landlords and those who might someday be:
      Whether you currently own or rent a property in Osceola County you should be aware and against a project that has been defeated not once but 3 times.  The problem is that big money is involved and masking itself as something called workforce housing.  Sounds harmless enough until you look past the benign title.
      The developer and Osceola School system (actually a small but vocal group from the School Board) and the Osceola County School District want to develop 122 units that will never pay a cent of property tax in this County.  The materials will be purchased and again no sales taxes will be paid.  All of this to create affordable housing in a County where you can buy a 3 year old foreclosed home for under $75,000.
      Their already published rents are higher than existing rents and there are no shortage of rentals available.  The original idea was to rent at 80% of market rents (a benefit of being tax exempt) in competition with local landlords who actually pay property taxes.
      OK enough ranting, please read the attached e-mail from my good friend Tom Long, President of the Osceola County Landlord Association and attend this meeting if you are able.  There are millions of tax dollars at stake and when somebody gets an exemption, the rest of us get to chip in to cover the revenue shortfall.  Only the revenue is falling into the developers pockets.  Thanks!
      Augie Byllott
      863 255 5858
      Learning Programs for Real Estate Investors
      Friend me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/augie.byllott