context

  • leespatch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007

      These are some rather eye-opening facts:

      Since the start of the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan , the sacrifice has been enormous. In the time period from the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 through now, we have lost a total of 3,140 military personnel.

      As tragic as the loss of any member of the US Armed Forces is, consider the following statistics.

      Annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in the armed forces from 1980 through 2004:

      1980 .......... 2,392

      1981 .......... 2,380

      1982 .......... 2,318

      1983 .......... 2,465

      1984 .......... 1,999

      1985 .......... 2,252

      1986 .......... 1,984

      1987 .......... 1,983

      1988 .......... 1,819

      1989 .......... 1,636

      1990 .......... 1,508

      1991 .......... 1,787

      1992 .......... 1,293

      1993 .......... 1,213

      1994 .......... 1,075

      1995 .......... 1,040

      1996 .......... 974

      1997 .......... 817

      1998 .......... 826

      1999 .......... 795

      2000 .......... 774

      2001 .......... 890

      2002 .......... 1007

      2003 .......... 1,410 ----- 534*

      2004 .......... 1,887 ----- 900*

      2005 .......... 919*

      2006 .......... 920*

      * These figures are Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom fatalities only.

      What this clearly indicates is that our media and our liberal politicians pick and choose, and they tend to present only those facts that support their agenda driven reporting.

      Another fact our left media and politicians like to slant is that these brave men and women losing their lives are minorities. Wrong again - The latest census shows the following racial mix:

      European descent (white) ..... 69.12%

      Hispanic .... 12.5%

      African American ..... 12.3%

      Asian ..... 3.7%

      Native American ..... 1.0%

      Other ..... 2.6%

      Now, the racial mix of fatalities over the past three years in Iraqi Freedom are:

      European descent (white) ..... 74.31%

      Hispanic ..... 10.74%

      African American ..... 9.67%

      Asian ..... 1.81%

      Native American ..... 1.09%

      Other ..... 2.33%

      These statistics are published by DOD and may be viewed at: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

      To Your Success!
      R. B. Lee
      "Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail."

      www.LeesPatch.com

      See what's free at AOL.com.