Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RLC Membership Growth

  • Chaosrider2004@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2006
      The only sensible way to measure progress is to have an explicit plan, with measurable goals, and measure how well they are attained.

      Is there an RLC plan with measurable goals?

      Is there a strategic plan?

      Thx,

      TCS
      =======================================

      From: John Pankratz <pankratz@...>
      > We are so  few in number that it is not in our interest
      > to advertize the figure.

          Agreed. It was only distributed to RLC officers on  this
      eGroup. There are many reasons for the small number,
      although it has grown in most of the 15 years of our
      existence.
          Because of executive abuse, the Board  suspended
      all dues renewal notices for two years, pending efforts
      to recover the membership list, charter states, and get
      control of resources. We've made lots of progress, but
      still have challenges. Dues renewal notices will likely
      be issued with the next edition of the printed newsletter,
      hopefully soon.

      > What, then, are our prospects for any action that will
      > materially advance the cause of liberty?

          The same could be asked of an organization of  5,000
      or 50,000. We have had an impact on state and federal
      legislation (supporting RLC candidates, officials and
      Advisory Board members), public discussion (with news
      releases and cooperative letters on current issues), and
      a wide range of participation in GOP and public events.
      There's always more than could be done ... if we had
      more resources and activism. We take it one step at
      a time.
          Note that, in addition to dues-paid members,  we
      have almost 5,700 "Associate Members", who have
      indicated support for our goals, and a mailing list of
      8,800 members and prospects. That (of course) is
      the number I use for public purposes.

      > The only group that I know of that has small
      > numbers and makes much of an impact is
      > media writers and producers.

          Or, the 118 signers of the Declaration and
      Constitution ... or the handful of people who have
      contested critical individual rights issues to the
      Supreme Court.
          The object of any organization is to pool all
      of the individual resources for a cause. With
      coordination and cooperation, everyone gets
      the benefit of a few volunteers and advocates
      who do most of the work.

          Those who are willing to work have the RLC-
      Action eGroup to coordinate efforts. If you have
      ANY interest (even short of pledging your life,
      fortune and sacred honor) in helping, just post
      and you'll get whatever assignment you please.

      Bill

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/