Re: [RLC-Action] Digest Number 14

  • Barry Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004

      See definition 2:

      Main Entry: spec�ter
      Variant(s): or spec�tre /'spek-t&r/
      Function: noun
      Etymology: French spectre, from Latin spectrum appearance, specter, from specere to look, look at -- more at SPY
      1 : a visible disembodied spirit : GHOST
      2 : something that haunts or perturbs the mind : PHANTASM <the specter of hunger>

      web10plan@... wrote:
      We should publicly and loudly join the chorus of those who oppose Spector from being on the judicial cmte.
        He has stated that he "wants" "activist" judges. That should disqualify him from any Libertarian support.
       My 2 cents
        R. B. Lee

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ray Holtorf

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004
          I like Grassley.  He was my senator for many years.  But like all senators, including Dole and Kerry, he is boring and has a record.  Those long omnibus bills are full of ammo for the sludge-filled bazookas used by both parties in the free fire zones of presidential elections.  And quite frankly, intellectualism is dead and senators are boring intellectuals that rarely connect with the muddled masses.  Time to go governor shopping.