Re: [RLC-Action] Human-buttons

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
      Is the RLC-Action group not moderated, or did the moderator find this
      message useful for the group and let it pass? With the RLCMN group, I do
      not give unmoderated status to a newcomer until she proves that she's
      bona fide. Once a person proves to be providing valid commentary, I will
      change his status to unmoderated. Until then, I intercept all incoming
      traffic.

      As for Sam, I've dumped him a couple of times (he changes his e-mail
      address in order to send out his spam). Personally, I don't trust any
      foreign national to have a voice in American affairs, so I immediately
      disqualified him on the basis of his claim of being a foreign national.
      If Sam is a refugee living in Lebanon, how is it that his e-mail address
      appears to be coming from the United Kingdom. Last time I checked,
      Lebanon wasn't part of the UK, so misrepresentation is another reason to
      deny this individual access to our group.

      Regardless of his claims of opposing UN mistreatment of refugees, it
      seems to me his real purpose is solicitation of funds -- funds which
      might well find their way to terrorist organizations. Color me
      skeptical, or even cynical if you will, but I think we need to ensure
      that such messages are not allowed to be disseminated through any U.S.
      outlet and especially not RLC discussion boards. Americans are gullible
      and our adversaries take advantage of that fact. I'm not going to make
      it any easier by giving foreigners a voice in American affairs.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
        Agreed. He has been removed.

        Jeff Palmer - jap@...

        ... As for Sam, I've dumped him a couple of times (he changes his e-mail
        address in order to send out his spam)...

      • John Pankratz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
          Shouldn't there be a barrier before moderation?
          I didn't know that RLC-Action had open registration.

          --
          Freedom is not measured by the ability to vote. It is measured by the breath of those things on which we do not vote.
          ..... John T. Wenders http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~jwenders/

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 25, 2005
            Message
            Yes.  It's my fault.  New members should normally be on moderated status for a while.

            I'm on the road for the holidays and struggling with a slow dialup connection which ties up us someone else's phone line, so I didn't have time to muck with it when I received his request to join this time.  Sorry.

            If there is further discussion on this issue, I recommend that it be directed to me off-list.

            Jeff Palmer - jap@...