Human-buttons

  • 45_org437@unhcr.unhcr.co.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
      This message is about Human beings, Democracy, UNHCR, Refugees, The Iraqis, Islam, Kurds, Human rights, Respect, Money, Donations, Angelina Jolie, Pavarotti, Giorgio Armani, Donors, Peace, History, Campaigns and about you if you care about these words.

      Hi there,

      I am SAM, an Iraqi refugee living in Lebanon at the moment; I have spent the last 10 years of my life as a refugee registered with the UNHCR in Beirut. The last 4 years, I have spent as an activist for peace and human rights (especially refugees and asylum seekers) on the Internet; I'm also books author and ebooks publisher. I have launched many campaigns to improve our situation as refugees in Lebanon and hopefully bring more understanding to our problems worldwide. I helped make many changes and improvements at the UNHCR office in Beirut; I used the Internet as the field for my activities (you can read more about that in my free ebook 'MY CAMPAIGNS'). All my ebooks are free and could be download from my sites.

      This is my newest campaign, it's about the illegal and humiliating actions of the UNHCR, who using photos of refugees as banners and human-buttons to collect money. This is an abuse of the dignity and humanity of the refugees and must stop immediately and a clear public apology present by The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. My friends, I am talking about the pictures you can see here:
      http://www.eccentrix.com/members/humans

      Where you can read the rest of this message as web page.

      For more info about UNHCR and life of refugees you can read my free ebooks. I invite you as fellow humans and members of the world community to support my campaign by reading my article on my site and see the human-buttons. The campaign is to support and improve the UNHCR http://www.unhcr.ch especially after the last scandals in the UN and UNHCR, just for examples:

      The refugees allege that UNHCR staff is selling most of the food items they are supposed to be supplied.
      "They aren't supplying sufficient food to us because they sell most of the food items," they allege: http://allafrica.com/stories/200503140214.html
      Here is another example: Burmese Refugees Withdraw Protest Against UNHCR http://www.mizzima.com/archives/news-in-2005/news-in-april/12-April05-22.htm

      We make demonstration and fast because the UNHCR office in Cairo did nothing for our problem� http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4440730.stm

      Together we will build better world.

      You could reach me fast via this form: http://www.unhcr.us/email_me.htm and if you like to know more about me, you can google for my name 'osam altaee'.

      Thanks
      THE TRUTH WARRIOR
      http://k.domaindlx.com/unhcr
      http://www.unhcr.biz
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
        Is the RLC-Action group not moderated, or did the moderator find this
        message useful for the group and let it pass? With the RLCMN group, I do
        not give unmoderated status to a newcomer until she proves that she's
        bona fide. Once a person proves to be providing valid commentary, I will
        change his status to unmoderated. Until then, I intercept all incoming
        traffic.

        As for Sam, I've dumped him a couple of times (he changes his e-mail
        address in order to send out his spam). Personally, I don't trust any
        foreign national to have a voice in American affairs, so I immediately
        disqualified him on the basis of his claim of being a foreign national.
        If Sam is a refugee living in Lebanon, how is it that his e-mail address
        appears to be coming from the United Kingdom. Last time I checked,
        Lebanon wasn't part of the UK, so misrepresentation is another reason to
        deny this individual access to our group.

        Regardless of his claims of opposing UN mistreatment of refugees, it
        seems to me his real purpose is solicitation of funds -- funds which
        might well find their way to terrorist organizations. Color me
        skeptical, or even cynical if you will, but I think we need to ensure
        that such messages are not allowed to be disseminated through any U.S.
        outlet and especially not RLC discussion boards. Americans are gullible
        and our adversaries take advantage of that fact. I'm not going to make
        it any easier by giving foreigners a voice in American affairs.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
          Agreed. He has been removed.

          Jeff Palmer - jap@...

          ... As for Sam, I've dumped him a couple of times (he changes his e-mail
          address in order to send out his spam)...

        • John Pankratz
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
            Shouldn't there be a barrier before moderation?
            I didn't know that RLC-Action had open registration.

            --
            Freedom is not measured by the ability to vote. It is measured by the breath of those things on which we do not vote.
            ..... John T. Wenders http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~jwenders/

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2005
              Yes.  It's my fault.  New members should normally be on moderated status for a while.

              I'm on the road for the holidays and struggling with a slow dialup connection which ties up us someone else's phone line, so I didn't have time to muck with it when I received his request to join this time.  Sorry.

              If there is further discussion on this issue, I recommend that it be directed to me off-list.

              Jeff Palmer - jap@...