Re: Everyone, Your Immediation Attention is Requested --- U.S. Election Assistan

  • greenspj
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2005
      This is more of a discussion for rlc-discuss, but a receipt output
      from an e-voting system doesn't verify anything other than a receipt
      printed with some information on it. It doesn't mean the vote
      "counted", nor does it mean the vote was tallied as cast at the
      machine level, nor precinct level, nor county level, etc.

      It's important to understand the issue really well in order to get to
      the right solution.

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Guy McLendon" <guy@m...> wrote:

      > I want Section 6.8 to require a voter-verified paper audit trail for ALL
      > voters and voting systems. It should be mandatory.
      >

      > Guy McLendon
      >
      > Houston, Texas
      >
      > Tel 713-779-8011
      >
      > www.mclendon.net <http://www.mclendon.net/>

    • Adam J Bernay
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2005
        Only to a suspicious mind does it not mean that.

        Adam

        "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to
        the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is
        eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the
        consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt."
        -- John Philpot Curran, "Election of Lord Mayor of Dublin," speech before
        the Privy Council, July 10, 1790

        This is more of a discussion for rlc-discuss, but a receipt output
        from an e-voting system doesn't verify anything other than a receipt
        printed with some information on it. It doesn't mean the vote
        "counted", nor does it mean the vote was tallied as cast at the
        machine level, nor precinct level, nor county level, etc.

        It's important to understand the issue really well in order to get to
        the right solution.

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Guy McLendon" <guy@m...> wrote:

        > I want Section 6.8 to require a voter-verified paper audit trail for ALL
        > voters and voting systems. It should be mandatory.
        >

        > Guy McLendon
        >
        > Houston, Texas
        >
        > Tel 713-779-8011
        >
        > www.mclendon.net <http://www.mclendon.net/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • greenspj
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2005
          Mr. Bernay, your statement below is logically and factually false.

          Your statement is logically false because it is an ad hominem.

          Your statemet is factually false because the state of one's mind has
          no bearing on facts external to it in the world.

          Now, would you like to contribute something meaningful to the
          discussion? I have been a programmer and IT consultant for 13 years.
          You?

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "Adam J Bernay"
          <Republican-Liberty@c...> wrote:

          > Only to a suspicious mind does it not mean that.
          >

          > Adam
          >
          > "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a
          prey to
          > the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is
          > eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the
          > consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt."
          > -- John Philpot Curran, "Election of Lord Mayor of Dublin," speech
          before
          > the Privy Council, July 10, 1790

          Requested