Re: FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
      Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
      the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

      Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
      libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
      to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
      Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
      Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

      Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
      is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

      All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
      the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
      activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
      speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
      happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
      ever refused this offer.

      This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
      of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
      I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
      attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
      membership comes from.

      We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
      is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
      speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

      -- Philip Blumel