FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
      With your help, "Healing Our World" has now reached #5 in nonfiction and #22
      overall. Nice!

      Jeff Palmer - jap@...
      ***
      Quote of the Week: “Bush has no right to say 'Trust me.' He was elected to
      represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.” — Ann
      Coulter, October 5, 2005

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
        Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
        the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

        Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
        libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
        to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
        Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
        Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

        Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
        is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

        All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
        the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
        activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
        speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
        happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
        ever refused this offer.

        This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
        of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
        I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
        attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
        membership comes from.

        We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
        is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
        speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

        -- Philip Blumel